Django and Mysql 8: 2012, 'Error in server handshake'


Django and Mysql 8: 2012, 'Error in server handshake'



I am trying to install Django on new developer machine running MacOS High Sierra with latest version of Mysql (Ver 8.0.11). When I try to: python manage.py runserver i get this error message:


django.db.utils.OperationalError: (2012, 'Error in server handshake')



Does anyone has any experience with this?



I have installed and I am running virtual environment that I have created with python3.6. I have installed mysqlclient too but I can't find anyone with this issue..





If you have both MySQLdb and mysqlclient installed in the virtualenv, remove both, then install just the newest mysqlclient.
– AKX
Jul 2 at 6:48


MySQLdb


mysqlclient


mysqlclient





Also, based on this Percona article, it seems MySQL 8 has changed authentication plugin defaults. percona.com/blog/2018/01/24/…
– AKX
Jul 2 at 6:49





I havent installed MySQLdb. I read that it is not required to install if I install mysqlclient. I havte tried to install and uninstall mysqlclient several times without luck. Do you recommend me to install MySQLdb and how to do that?
– Ado Erkocevic
yesterday





No, mysqlclient is superior to MySQLdb.
– AKX
4 hours ago


mysqlclient


MySQLdb









By clicking "Post Your Answer", you acknowledge that you have read our updated terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy, and that your continued use of the website is subject to these policies.

Popular posts from this blog

How to add background colour in existing image using Swift?

Moria Casán

How to make file upload 'Required' in Contact Form 7?