html code for twitter button is wrong


html code for twitter button is wrong


<a href="https://twitter.com/TwitterDev" class="twitter-follow-button" data-show-count="false">Follow @TwitterDev</a><script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>



Error parsing XML, line 8, column 133: Attribute name "async" associated with an element type "script" must be followed by the ' = ' character. How do I fix? sorry, I have very little html background





This is HTML, not XML ... did you save it incorrectly as an *.xml instead of an *.html file?
– Jonathan Lam
Jul 13 '16 at 2:43



*.xml


*.html





I was using blogger and I pasted the html from twitter button help. The error message given on blogger was xml
– aggieman
Jul 13 '16 at 2:46




2 Answers
2



I am guessing that you are trying to add a Twitter Follow button to your blogger website. Here is the snippet for it.




<a href="https://twitter.com/twitterDev" class="twitter-follow-button" data-show-count="true" data-size="large">Follow @twitterDev</a>
<script>!function(d,s,id){var js,fjs=d.getElementsByTagName(s)[0];if(!d.getElementById(id)){js=d.createElement(s);js.id=id;js.src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js";fjs.parentNode.insertBefore(js,fjs);}}(document,"script","twitter-wjs");</script>



Replace the twitterDev keyword with your twitter username and you should be good to go.


twitterDev



Follow @PromoLITHIUM2018





It's a very unclear answer, you should explain the solution.
– Ptaq666
Jul 2 at 6:21






By clicking "Post Your Answer", you acknowledge that you have read our updated terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy, and that your continued use of the website is subject to these policies.

Popular posts from this blog

How to add background colour in existing image using Swift?

Moria Casán

How to make file upload 'Required' in Contact Form 7?