Connecting Interactive Broker's API via Excel


Connecting Interactive Broker's API via Excel



I am interested in doing algorithmic trading and have started a project for work. I have downloaded the IB Software and corresponding API. I have selected port "7496" and have enabled "activeX and socket clients" and "DDE Clients". I have also allowed Macros on my computer.



After I presume I've set it up, I attempt to pull market data and I get an error. It attempts to call an executable using my garbage username "david123r" but modifies it slightly as illustrated in picture. It's possible it's because I don't have the TWS API add-in for Excel but I am unsure whether this was only necessary for previous versions.



Any feedback would be greatly appreciated as I am dead in the water. I apologize if my post isn't formatted correctly as I am new and will make changes if deemed necessary. Thanks in advance!



IB's TWS Latest version for 32-bit (an excel requirement)



IB's API



TWS Properties and paths



When I input hostname, it stays in "connecting" status



Error when requesting market data



My TWS Log which is calling an UnknownHostException Error









By clicking "Post Your Answer", you acknowledge that you have read our updated terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy, and that your continued use of the website is subject to these policies.

Popular posts from this blog

How to add background colour in existing image using Swift?

Moria Casán

How to make file upload 'Required' in Contact Form 7?