Emulator: Warning: Quick Boot / Snapshots not supported on this machine
Emulator: Warning: Quick Boot / Snapshots not supported on this machine
I am starting to learn android but havent been able to get anywhere. I downloaded android studio as per instructions and im trying to set up an AVD.
I am using a Mac Air(macOS High Sierra) with java 1.8.0_51.
The moment i launch an AVD there is a warning in the event log:
"Emulator: Warning: Quick Boot / Snapshots not supported on this machine. A CPU with EPT + UG features is currently needed. We will address this in a future release."
The emulator just gets stuck on the loading page.
So far i have tried to :
1. Reduce AVD Ram size
2. Increase AVD heap size
3. change to "software" to avoid issues if any with my graphics card
4. Install/ delete many versions of phones/api levels for avd
In the Logcat logs i see the following errors:
03-09 17:27:15.544 0-1114/? I/lowmemorykiller: No kernel
memory.pressure_level support (errno=2) 03-09 17:27:15.545 0-1114/?
E/lowmemorykiller: Kernel does not support memory pressure events or
in-kernel low memory killer
.....
03-09 17:30:28.470 1122-1122/? I/iptables: iptables v1.4.20: can't
initialize iptables table 'nat': Table does not exist (do you need to
insmod?) 03-09 17:30:28.470 1122-1122/? I/iptables: Perhaps iptables
or your kernel needs to be upgraded. 03-09 17:30:28.470 1122-1122/?
I/iptables: iptables terminated by exit(3) 03-09 17:30:28.629
1122-1122/? E/Netd: exec() res=0, status=768 for /system/bin/iptables
-t nat -N oem_nat_pre 03-09 17:30:30.888 1122-1122/? I/iptables: iptables v1.4.20: can't initialize iptables table 'nat': Table does
not exist (do you need to insmod?) 03-09 17:30:30.888 1122-1122/?
I/iptables: Perhaps iptables or your kernel needs to be upgraded.
03-09 17:30:30.902 1122-1122/? I/iptables: iptables terminated by
exit(3) 03-09 17:30:31.112 1135-1135/? E/memtrack: Couldn't load
memtrack module (No such file or directory) 03-09 17:30:31.114
1135-1135/? E/android.os.Debug: failed to load memtrack module: -2
03-09 17:30:31.257 1122-1122/? E/Netd: exec() res=0, status=768 for
/system/bin/iptables -t nat -A PREROUTING -j oem_nat_pre 03-09
17:30:35.605 1122-1122/? I/iptables: iptables v1.4.20: can't
initialize iptables table `nat': Table does not exist (do you need to
insmod?) 03-09 17:30:35.607 1122-1122/? I/iptables: Perhaps iptables
or your kernel needs to be upgraded. 03-09 17:30:35.607 1122-1122/?
I/iptables: iptables terminated by exit(3)
....
Please let me know what i can do to fix this and get any emulator working!
2 Answers
2
I was suffering from same problem. I searched everywhere but i didn't get the solution. Then i knew that this problem is occurring only because of low RAM.
You can solve this problem by increasing the RAM. Because my laptop had 4 GB RAM and when the RAM increased the problem solved completely! Although i bought a new laptop with i5 8th gen.. It have 8gb RAM...
better and faster than AVD you can use your android phone, when you connect it to your computer through usb, android studio can recognize it and install your apk on your phone faster.
By clicking "Post Your Answer", you acknowledge that you have read our updated terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy, and that your continued use of the website is subject to these policies.