Need to localise IOS permission modals - how is this done?


Need to localise IOS permission modals - how is this done?



I've got an application on Google Play and the Apple app stores and they've been accepted many times, in fact, they've been updated 5 times. But on the last check with Apple, they ran the app in Spanish, instead of English. They refused the app because they said the app needed to show the right permission request. They showed me a screenshot of their using the app in Spanish, then a screenshot of a permission request modal's appearing before attemping to take a photo. The message was in English, so I'm assuming that that's what they're talking about. They were not specific and said merely "it didn't have the right permission". I'm assuming they meant it wasn't in the right language. I'm not going to ask Apple, because I've asked them questions before and they take a year to get back to you.



So, how do you put the IOS permissions in multiple languages? My app is in 7 languages...well, 5, but with both English languages (UK and US), and both French languages (FR and CA). At the moment, I've just got a super simple request, as the following:


<edit-config target="NSCameraUsageDescription" file="*-Info.plist" mode="merge">
<string>need camera access to take pictures</string>
</edit-config>



Foolishly, I completely forgot that IOS shows these messages. I don't particularly use any Apple products - and, of course, never used my app in France. I should have known that Apple shows these messages, but I didn't. Anyway, how can I show these messages in multiple languages? Obviously, tried searching the net but couldn't find correct answers.



Thanks people!



EDIT: I'm using phonegap.



Ne personne a decidé de répondre à ma question donc je l'ai réécrite en français. Est-ce qu'il y a quelqu'un qui peut m'aider en ajoutant des traductions au fichier config.xml, aux permissions pour les fenêtres contextuelles. Je voudrais que les messages sont dans 5 langues, et, au moins en français et en anglais. J'utilise phonegap... aide-moi !



J'ai essayé d'ajouter l'anglaise suivie par la française, mais phonegap m'a dit que mon config.xml était malformé. Je l'ai ajouté ...


<?xml version="1.0" encoding="ISO-8859-1"?>



à la tête, mais ça ne marche pas encore. Comment faites-vous ça avec succès ?





I was just going to put them all in English and French. So while your here, how do also add line breaks in the '<string>' element? Is it '<br>' or 'n'?
– Nathan Mercieca
Jun 30 at 1:53






You don't say environment you are using to develop your app. In Xcode you would simply add a localised version of info.plist
– Paulw11
Jun 30 at 3:41





Sorry @Paulw11, I'm using phonegap.
– Nathan Mercieca
Jun 30 at 5:08









By clicking "Post Your Answer", you acknowledge that you have read our updated terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy, and that your continued use of the website is subject to these policies.

Popular posts from this blog

How to add background colour in existing image using Swift?

Moria Casán

How to make file upload 'Required' in Contact Form 7?